Posted: Jul 13, 2012 7:39 AM by Craig Eliot
Updated: Jul 13, 2012 7:42 AM
TODAY: Hot again this afternoon and likely a little drier than yesterday. Temps this afternoon will max-out at 92 in Colorado Springs and 98 in Pueblo! Chances of storms today will be very low at the lower elevations. 10% chance in the Springs...10-20% chance at the Academy and on Monument Hill, Fremont County and the Wet & Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Chances over Teller County as high as about 20-30%... with the best chance of storms today staying in western Colorado.
TONIGHT: Clearing nicely again today and cooling down again. (Thankfully)
SATURDAY-SUNDAY: Staying hot for the weekend with highs near 90 in Colorado Springs and the upper 90's in Pueblo. There will be a little more available moisture for storms to fire-up at the lower elevations. Chances go up to 20% in Colorado Springs....10-20% chance by later afternoon & evening storms in Pueblo. If you have plans for hiking, biking or camping in the mountains you need the rain jacket! at least a 30-40% chance for storms each afternoon.
MONDAY: A hot beginning to next week with temps close to the highs we had over the weekend. Chances for storms stay higher over the mountains and lower over the Front Range....but at least there will be a chance! 40% at the higher elevations....20% for the Springs and Pueblo. Lower chances again for the eastern plains.
TUESDAY-WEDNESDAY: Monsoon moisture still expected to increase locally which means it won't be as hot....and our chances for storms will be going up at the lower elevations. 30% chance for the Springs and Canon City...30-40% chance over Monument Hill. Pueblo's chances go up to 20-30%! Remember these are chances for storms during the afternoon and early evening!
Have a great weekend!